Monday, January 19, 2009

A day at the beach

Yesterday was a gorgeous day, so after church we packed up the kids and headed to the beach for the afternoon. It was sunny and temperatures were in the 70s. What a fun day!

I took my camera (of course!) and took over 700 pictures. 700! I was shooting like a mad woman! At least I was until I made the mistake of switching lenses while on the beach - a very bad decision - and I got dust inside my camera. I will never make that mistake again! Now I have to go research how to clean it properly.

But, we did have an absolutely marvelous time. This is really a great time of year on the beach. It wasn't too busy, parking was easy and shells were plentiful. Galveston still has to a long was to go to recover from Ike. Some businesses are completely repaired and look untouched, but next door there will be a huge sailboat marooned in the parking lot far from any water. It's a very odd sight.

I'm sure more pictures will come soon!

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Lovely picture!

Jody said...

Oh I'm so jealous! Beach, sun and warm weather! While I'm stuck in the artic (although the weather has warmed up since last week - we are at 26 degrees right now!) I love the temp in the 70's. Enjoy the beautiful weather.

Jill said...

I thought I was in your summer archives for a minute.
Wow! The beach in January. SO jealous!!
Glad you enjoyed the day.

newhousenewjob said...

Oooh, what a great picture. Do be careful about cleaning every last bit of dirt your camera - I once got sand in a video camera, and it acted like sandpaper on all the moving parts and completely ruined the camera.

Shannon said...

missing you!!!

Colleen said...

Thank you, Shannon!