Monday, May 30, 2011

Beach fun

Beach babe

About once a year we pack up all the kids and make the hour and a half drive to Galveston Island to have some fun at the beach.

2011 05 16_4077_edited-1

We had a perfect day at the beach this year. The weather was perfect with a nice breeze and it was warm enough so that the kids weren't cold when they were wet but not so hot that we were sweltering under the bright sun. There wasn't a single cloud in the sky.

2011 05 16_4057_edited-1

I'm so glad that we have been able to do this for our kids. The quick drive to Galveston isn't all that big of a deal and we just pack PB&J to eat, but it sure makes a lot of good memories. All that's necessary is the water, the sand and a few buckets and shovels and my kids are happy for hours. And, maybe a few seagulls.

2011 05 16_4024_edited-1

But, I never even saw the ocean myself until I was in college. Actually, Eric was the person who took me on my first trip to the beach. Eric has been the person that created many opportunities for many firsts for me, which is one of the things I love about him. He constantly expands my horizons.

2011 05 16_4177_edited-1

He also let's me have all the time I need to take about a bazillion photos every time we go to the beach.

2011 05 16_4184_edited-1

Keeping track of four active kiddos while I snap away certainly isn't easy.

2011 05 16_4055_edited-1

But, he's a good man and he loves me. And, I love him.

No comments: