Sunday, January 8, 2012

My little girl is 2!

2012 01 07_8044_edited-1

In some ways it's hard to believe that my little baby is now a 2-year-old. But, her constant babble (especially during mass) and clear opinions and emerging speech and ability to climb absolutely everything doesn't allow that feeling to last for long.

Since her birthday is so close to Christmas, we kept her birthday very low key.

2012 01 07_8150_edited-1

We had a cupcake celebration with my parents at home and then we drove to Eric's parent's house for New Year's weekend and had another small celebration there with her triplet cousins (see the photo at the top of the post).

She loved her gifts, a stroller and bottles for her baby doll and some pots and pans for our play kitchen as well as blue checked apron.

2012 01 07_8137_edited-1

2012 01 07_8145_edited-1

I don't know if my kids will always agree, but that New Year's weekend was the perfect way to celebrate a birthday. We spent time with family, the weather was gorgeous and the kids spent almost all day outside, and we had absolutely nothing on our agenda other than to just be and enjoy each other. Now, that's the life!

Roll over the next photo with your mouse to experience some of the joy of that weekend.


What could possibly be better than that?

3 comments:

Mellodee said...

Clara? Clara is two?? No, that cannot be! Didn't you just have her? Boy, sometimes I feel like I sleep a LOT more than I thought, cause I sure seem to miss a lot.
Happy birthday, cutie girl!

Christine said...

Happy Birthday! The picture of her with the stroller and apron is so precious! Also I loved your year in pictures, and I really miss the warm winter weather (sometimes) in TX.

Colleen said...

Thanks Mellodee and Christine!