Saturday, September 22, 2007

Aren't Daddies Great?

Mommies just don't seem to be as creative as daddies when it comes to inventing fun ways to play with their kids. Or, at least I'm not. I just can't seem to make a bucket full of legos or a pile of blocks do what Eric can make them do. Nor a roll of painter's tape.

I headed out to the grocery store this morning so Eric had all three kids at home. When I was leaving he was in the middle of laying down masking tape on the floor along the baseboards that he wants to get painted this weekend (the culmination of a home improvement project that we started a year and a half ago!). When I got home from the store, I found this...

It's a whole town's worth of roads and it's been keeping the kids busy for hours! They've been creating buildings out of legos and driving their cars around and around. I never would have thought so much fun could be had with a few cents worth of painter's tape.

Elizabeth especially loves it and all of her favorite cars have gone cruising. Featured here are (from right to left) Sally, Lightning McQueen, Luigi and Herbie.

And, apparently I'm not allowed to take a picture of anything without allowing the kids to pose for one as well. So, here they are...


I hope you are all having a great weekend!

2 comments:

Em said...

What a cool idea! I am so totally going to try that if we ever have a child interested in vehicles (all of ours are interested in dinos).

Jill said...

Yep- love those daddies! My husband comes up with some creative play ideas. (But also puts together some interesting outfits when assigned to clothe the kids!)