Sunday, July 27, 2008

Picture of the Day: Girl with the Ballerina Dress

I love this picture of Elizabeth. I'm trying some new techniques with post processing my photos and I kind of like this desaturated look.

It took me a while to put my finger on it, but I finally realized why this photo struck me so much. It reminds me of the Vermeer painting, the Girl with a Pearl Earring. My book club read a great book in which the author created a fictitious life story for the girl in that painting. A movie was also made based on the book starring Colin Firth and Scarlett Johansson. I recommend both. But, being the book lover that I am, I think you should read the book first and watch the movie second. But, that's just my opinion. :)

2 comments:

Christine said...

What a beautiful picture. It looks like a scene out of a movie, and I'll have to check that book out.

Tracy said...

Lovely picture!!