Thursday, October 22, 2009

Small Successes Vol. 3

1. I went with the family on a cub scout camp out this weekend and survived! I slept on the ground in a tent and everything (well, on an air mattress on the ground in a tent). The weather was gorgeous and we were at a lovely state park and it was actually an awesome weekend. And, since it's difficult for my 28+ week pregnant self to bend over and do things on the ground (like changing diapers), Eric took over diaper duty for the entire weekend. Nice!

2. I got a bit more organizing done! The time I tackled my wrapping paper. Here's my old storage method:


An old, holey, plastic shopping bag shoved in the back of a closet. This has been how I've organized my gift wrapping supplies for years!

And, here's the new and improved version:


I think I spent a total of $15 at the Container Store and it was worth every penny.

3. I've been making it a priority to take the time to enjoy the moment with each of my kids, especially before the arrival of the new baby. Here's how Elizabeth and I spent part of the glorious (and chilly!) Saturday morning at the camp out.


Playing with our shadows!


Be sure to go to Faith & Family Live to read more Small Successes! Enjoy your Thursday!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Colleen!
I found your blog through the faith and Family site! It's wonderful. You have a beautiful family.

I think my favorite success is #1. I will never forget my first family camp out with our son. There was grass in our scrambled eggs, The boys were so proud to have done it on their own, it didn't matter. I needed the extra fiber anyway.

Have a great week! I look forward to visiting again.

Shannon said...

I seriously can't believe you went camping while pregnant! Good for you!

Hey, do you think you could post a pic of your cute pregnant belly?! I bet you're so beautiful.

Have a great weekend!

Colleen said...

Shannon,
You are so sweet! It's actually been my goal this pregnancy to get some pictures of me while pregnant and so far I've taken approximately zero pictures. Hopefully your encouragement will help me get it done even though my face is starting to swell a little and I've put on a little more weight than I wanted. :)

Shannon said...

i'm sure you are radiant!