Monday, February 1, 2010

One month old and chubbing up nicely

My how time flies!


That's her first grin caught on camera. Most of her smiles, though, happen when she sleeps. She will also sleep with her eyes open. I've heard of people who could do that but I've never actually seen it myself. Clara will be in full REM sleep with her eyes wide open and smiling away.

She's a good little eater (as evidenced by the chubbiness of her cheeks) and is getting to be a better sleeper. Last night she only woke up once between 10 pm and 5 am. That's progress!


It's amazing how different the entire household seems since Clara arrived. With three kids, Eric and I were already outnumbered, but now that we have our fourth, it really feels like we're outnumbered. Someone (or more than one someone) always seems to need something and sometimes it feels like we're on a run away train. We just can't keep up. And, that's okay. The house is just going to be in complete chaos for awhile until Clara gets older and the rest of us can adjust. The older kids are going to have to take on more responsibilities and we'll have to work together better as a team. I'm also trying to identify ways to organize us better and Eric's been throwing lots of stuff away. We just don't need unnecessary junk adding to the chaos.

I have a bunch of posts in my head that I want to write. I don't know if or when they'll get done, but I'm going to try to post as often as I can. I'm keeping up with reading all of your blogs but sorry that I haven't been a good commenter. That will come again in time! Thank you for coming by my blog and commenting when you can. This blog really helps me deal with stress and all your support helps me keep my sanity!

3 comments:

Beth M. said...

I meant to comment on your previous posting (birth story) about the absolutely gorgeous picture of your little Clara, and now there are more! Congratulations - she is just beautiful. I have 3 under age 6 and often wonder if we could handle four, a constant debate in my mind. I do think one just has to resign themselves to the chaos for a while. It does go by so quickly, just like this first month.

Colleen said...

Thank you, Beth! You are so right, it goes by so quickly!

Play Gamble Slot Machine      said...

nice post!