Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Too much cuteness!

I really need to take my camera out more often!

Dangle, dangle

There is just too much cuteness around here for it not to get captured in a photo.

2011 01 17_1611_edited-1

Clara will be 13 months old at the end of the month.

2011 01 17_1574_edited-1

She's been walking for a few months now, but she'll still crawl occasionally. But, when that occasional crawling happens on the concrete outside, it tears her precious little shoes to bits (see the first picture in this post). About a minute of crawling ruined her shoes! Good thing she'll be growing out of them soon because I can't justify the expense to replace them otherwise.

2011 01 17_1622_edited-1

To help me get my camera out and shoot more, I started a 52 project at the beginning of the year. I joined a group on flickr (mcp project 52) where the goal is to post one photo a week that matches the weekly theme. One photo a week for a year; I can do that! And, trying to conform to the given weekly theme will hopefully force me to get out of my comfort zone a bit.

2011 01 17_1603_edited-1

The theme for the first week was "Around the house" (I didn't have much time so I snapped that one with my iPhone), week two was "Illustrate a song" (no surprise which song I chose!) and week three is "Shades of gray." So far I don't think my submissions are all that inspiring (it's really hard for me to try to come up with something to match the themes!), but I'm shooting a lot more and that's key to growing as a photographer.

2011 01 17_1587_edited-1
Isn't this picture just beyond cute! I absolutely love it!

I mentioned a couple of posts ago that I think my blog has an identity crises. Mainly I feel that way regarding how much blogging I do about photography. Would any of you be interested in an occasional post with some photography tips? I'm no expert, but I have learned a few things over the last couple of years that may be helpful, especially for a beginner who wants her pictures to look a little less snapshotty (how do you like that for a word?!).

2 comments:

Blair said...

I'm having an identity blog crisis too! "They" suggest keeping to a theme if you really want to grow your blog. But I like it being a sort-of scrapbook for our family and I'm not sure I could keep up with 2 blogs! Still the income possibilities for a theme-blog are tempting...

I would LOVE some photography tips! Please!

Mellodee said...

Hi Colleen! Hmm, if I were required to choose a theme for blogging, I'd be out of business before I knew what hit me! I am much too scattered and poor to be able to have one great subject that I know enough about to write about exclusively! My blog is more like a stream of consciousness record of what goes on in my little brain! A few people seem to enjoy it, but I have no idea how I would go about building a following large enough to attract advertisers or whatever. I'm just somebody who can occasionally put a few words together that actually sound like I have a point of view!!

I have mentioned to you before how adorable I think Miss Clara is. She just keeps getting cuter and cuter!! The age she is at now is my favorite age for little ones. Everything is new, everything is an adventure, you can practically see the wheels turning in their little heads as they try to figure out some strange aspect of the world we live in. It's fascinating to watch! Sadly, I no longer know anyone who has babies this age (or any other age, come to think of it!) Perhaps that's why I enjoy your photos of Clara so much.

I am a horrible photographer! I don't know if tips would be able to help me, but they certainly couldn't hurt!! Based on my history, I hope each set of tips begins with....Insert film/battery/disk/whatever into camera! You wouldn't think that would be so hard for me to remember, would you?

LOL!