Friday, January 25, 2008

One long month

January has been crazy in our house so far. Gustin's illness began on New Year's day and he finally got over the last of it about a week ago. About a week and a half ago, he started teething. The front two on the bottom are making their debut and Gustin is NOT happy about it. He has been extremely fussy. Strike that. He has been screaming his head off! The only thing that seems to give him any relief is nursing. So, he has been nursing constantly (between bouts of screaming) for the last week and a half.

I mentioned in the meme post that Eric and I have been watching The Lord of the Rings trilogy in small chunks in the evenings after the kids go to bed. The first time the Ring Wraiths made an appearance, Eric and I looked at each other and we were both thinking the same thing. That's exactly what Gustin sounds like when he is screaming! A Ring Wraith! My son is a mini Ring Wraith!

Moving on.

Jonathan and Elizabeth also took turns being sick this week and Jonathan missed a day of school. After all this illness and general grumpiness in our household this month, I told Eric on the phone today that all I wanted this weekend was one hour of quiet where I could read or nap or do whatever I wanted by myself.

Tonight Eric walked in the door looking kind of puny.

"I'm sick", he told me.

Oh, well. So much for that hour to myself this weekend. A mom can always dream. :)

3 comments:

Christine said...

Lol - when Clare was little our friends nicknamed her the nazgul - she had the same kind of scream too.

Here's hoping you have a peaceful week to come and everyone feels and sleeps better.

Colleen said...

Christine,
That is funny! So, we're not the only ones.

Thanks for the well wishes!

Tracy said...

Hope you get a well needed break soon!!
We have had a flu bug in our home since after Christmas and it keeps going through all the kids and then starts over again and today I started feeling poorly as well, not fun!

I love the Lord of the Rings!!