Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Catching up #5: Gustin

Gustin. There is so much to love about this little boy. He laughter is contagious and his syntax is too adorable: "Not I don't like it, Mama!" He so loves his baby sister and can make her laugh like no one else. He's energetic, passionate and intelligent.

He's also very confident and afraid of nothing. Those are great qualities in life in general but a terrifying combination around a swimming pool. He thinks he know how to swim. But he actually doesn't. Not even close. Freaks. Mommy. Out!

He also has a bit of a stubborn streak. We've been potty training for the last month (this is my third attempt in the last year to potty train him) and he still has a long way to go. I so want to give up again, but Eric's been (daily) encouraging me to stick with it. I'm so weary of cleaning up accidents. But he'll get there. Eventually. Right?

In the mean time the battle training continues.

2010 07 30_8059_edited-1

I feel the same way Little Mister.

3 comments:

Christine said...

If it makes you feel better, Gregory and I are having this battle too. He's trained and not trained. I have to remind him every 45 mins - 1 hour to make sure we don't have wet pants. He just doesn't care.

Colleen said...

Gustin is the same way! He could care less potty training. I just wonder when he will start to care. I hope it's before he starts Kindergarten!

Mellodee said...

Oh this face could break your heart! Poor little guy, I can almost see his little lip quivering!

He'll figure out the PT thing one of these day. It will be on his schedule tho, not your's or anyone else's! :)