Thursday, February 14, 2008

Book meme

I was tagged by Christine at Good Company to do a book meme.

Here are the rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people. (Why is it always 5?)

Here it goes from Christopher West's Theology of the Body for Beginners...

In the new evangelization, we need to be able to walk into fraternity parties where people are getting drunk and seeking illicit sex and say, "Do you know what you really want here? You want the Eucharist and marriage, and the Catholic Church has them in their fullness."

Once again I'm inserting a bit of humor. But again, I'm also serious. Behind every sin, behind every disordered "acting out," there's a genuine human desire that's meant to be fulfilled through Christ and his Church.


Christopher West really is the best at explaining JPII's Theology of the Body in language that we all can understand.

3 comments:

Lillian said...

Neat!! I'm going to hear him talk tonight and all day tomorrow!! I'll be thinking of you!! ;-)

Colleen said...

Lillian,
How awesome! I know you will enjoy his talk!

Jill said...

Paul and I loved that book. We even sent it on to some friends who were questioning some of the teachings of the Church...
He was going to be speaking in Iowa in February and I was sad that we left the country and had to miss it!