Tuesday, February 19, 2008

President's Day Zoo Trip

Jonathan had President's Day off from school this week and, for some reason, so did Eric. He's never had that holiday off before, but I'll take it! So, we decided to take a trip into the city to the zoo. The weather was beautiful with bright, sunny skies and temperatures in the 60s. We had a great time and I'm so glad we took advantage of the opportunity. Here's some pictures from our day.

Here are the "big kids" all ready to go.
They really enjoyed the sea lion show and here the kids and Daddy are watching them swim and jump up in the air. Notice Eric is wearing his straw cowboy hat. Even in Texas, he stuck out like a sore thumb with it on. But, at least he was easy to find in the crowds. It was like a big white beacon on top of his head.
Even Gustin enjoyed the zoo. Here he is mesmerized at a giant fish tank.
Elizabeth's favorite animals were the baby giraffes. Even the babies were taller than me!
The baby elephant was also a big hit. He was so cute playing with this big red ball.
I don't know if you can tell, but the orangutan just sat there looking at the crowd with a big grin on his face. I had the feeling that he was laughing at all of us.
I'm so glad that our household is finally all healthy so that we could enjoy a day like this. I've been saying prayers of thanksgiving constantly over the last week. I hope I never forget how blessed we are and that I never again take good health for granted.

4 comments:

Jill said...

That baby elephant is adorable! (not as cute as your kids, of course).
What a lovely day.

Tracy said...

Oh we love the zoo.. how fun and what great pictures!!

Jody said...

What a great day!

As I sit here reading my temperature gage and seeing -13.9 degrees, I can't wait for 60 degrees!

Colleen said...

Jody,
A temperature of -13.9 degrees! I really can't imagine. I've never experienced anything anywhere near that cold! Try to stay warm!