Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Sew fun!

I enjoy sewing. Mom always had us sew our Easter dresses every year and I always looked forward to it. However, my sewing has been about nil these days. I began a quilt for Elizabeth in June of 2006 and I still haven't completed piecing the top yet. I really hope to complete it before she becomes a teenager! Here's what it looks like so far...
But, seeing posts like this, makes me want to do whatever it takes to find the time to sew. These outfits are too precious! I soooo want to make some for my little girl. If I do, I'll be sure to post pictures. But, in all honesty, don't expect it!

4 comments:

Jody said...

That is a beauitful quilt and I love those outfits at Small Treasures, too! I enjoy sewing as well, but to find the time to do it...I haven't touched my sewing machine in over a year (I think).

I would love to learn how to quilt, but with all of the other 'projects' I have going, that I never get to, I think I will have to wait on this one. I like scrapbooking, too, and when Zoe was born I said I would keep up with her photos/books. Well, five years later and I only have about 5 pages completed! I hope to have it up to date by the time she is a teenager! Wish me luck!

Colleen said...

Jody,
I have the same scrapbooking problem. I started one for Jonathan, and the few pages I got done are beautiful, but there's only a few. I haven't done one single page for Elizabeth. I keep telling myself that there will be plenty of time to do these things when the kids are bigger. But, I think when that time comes, I will really miss having little ones in the house. There seems to be burdens in every stage of motherhood (not that I would change it for the world!).

Tracy said...

Gorgeous!!!!

Christine said...

That quilt is georgeous! I wish I knew how to use a sewing machine. I figure by the time I get one and learn my kids will be too old for cute little outfits.