Sunday, August 16, 2009

First Day of School!

Last Thursday was the first day of school for Jonathan and Elizabeth.

Jonathan (a new second grader) is a pro at the whole going to school thing so he was very cool and jumped back into the school routine without a hitch.


Elizabeth was a very wide eyed Kindergartner. She was very excited to be there but she also climbed all the way back into her shy shell. She would nod "yes" or shake her head "no" to questions asked of her, but that's about it.


By the second day she declared that she already had a best friend and a good friend and that she spoke to the teacher that day. She is so cute. She wants to be big so badly and she really is trying to overcome her fears.


On the second day of school I asked Elizabeth if she wanted me to walk her into her classroom again. The first two days the parents are allowed to walk their kids in before everyone falls into the regular car line routine next week. Honestly, I was hoping that she would say "yes". But, she didn't want me to. She had her brother with her and she assured me that she is a big girl and knows where to go. Sigh... They grow up way to fast.

1 comment:

Lael said...

Wow Colleen!! I wish you would have been at our house to take our first day of school pics! You are really talented AND You have precious kids. I hadn't realized that our oldest two are exactly the same ages. I wish we could find a way to get together in person someday - I think all 8 (by then) would have lots of fun!