Thursday, August 27, 2009

Small Successes Vol. 1

FaithButton


It's my first time to participate in Small Successes. It's kind of sad that this is one of the first times that I actually have some small successes to post about!

1. Remember those portraits I took of the kids weeks ago? Well, today I finally ordered the prints! I can't wait to see them hanging on my wall. Of course, that means I need to go buy some frames. I wonder how long it will be before I'll be able to post a small success that they are actually framed and hung on the walls? :)

2. I took my camera out today and tried to take some pictures. I'm so out of the groove with my photography hobby and I think it is showing in my stress levels. I tried to capture some shots of some hummingbirds in our backyard. They are so fast that I don't think I really got any good shots, but at least I tried!

3. We got through homework time yesterday without anyone getting sent to their rooms. That's a big success! It's been hard for the kids (mainly Jonathan) to stay focused on his homework and actually complete the little he has in a reasonable amount of time and without having a bad attitude. But, we've got a good homework routine going and hopefully from now on it will be a much less frustrating part of my day!

Head over to Faith & Family Live! to find more moms posting their Small Successes! Also, while you're there, check out Blair's featured article!

1 comment:

ViolinMama said...

Love your header, love your blog, love your pics, love your hobby! Consider me a new follower, once I add you :) Love it!!!!

Thanks for sharing your week!!! God Bless!