Thursday, September 18, 2008

More prayers please

UPDATE: The triplets are here! I don't have much information yet. My mother-in-law said that the babies are doing well but "Trio" is a little sluggish. I've got to stop thinking of them by their nicknames. They have real names now! Welcome to the world Gretchen, Michael & Charles! You are such a gift!!

Thank you all for your prayers for all of us affected by hurricane Ike. I am so thankful for all of you wonderful women!

I have another request for prayers today. My triplet nephews and niece will most likely be born today. At my sister-in-law's last couple of ultrasounds, they noticed that "Duo" is not growing like the others. Something is pinching his umbilical cord and limiting flow through it. They admitted my SIL to the hospital yesterday, were going to do one more ultrasound this morning, and, if nothing changes, the babies will be delivered this afternoon. She is currently at about 32 1/2 weeks gestation.

Please pray for their safe delivery, for the health of the babies and their mother, for the doctors and nurses, and for my brother-in-law (who happens to be a doctor as well) who has been under so much stress. I think being a doctor makes it much worse because he knows the details of every little thing that could go wrong.

Blessed Mother, please watch over and protect these precious babies! St. Gerard, St. Anne, St. Gianna, please pray for them!


Update: The babies should be born around 4 or 4:30 this afternoon!

2 comments:

Jill said...

I feel the same nervous anticipation I had when we found out my sister-in-law was going in to deliver my three nephews at 32 weeks. I will pray that all goes well. Keep us posted, auntie Colleen times three!

Shannon said...

I'm SO glad you're ok... I kept checking every!

I hope it's a safe delivery! Let us know!