Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My perfectionism is getting in the way again

I realize that it's been a week since I posted last. It's not that I don't have things to blog about. In fact, I have a list of topics that have been on my mind lately. So, why haven't I posted about them? Because I'm getting in the way of myself again. A couple of the topics are some things on parenting that I have been pondering for awhile and I need a good chunk of time alone with my thoughts to be able to translate them into written words. Therefore, I've been waiting for a chance to write when I'll have a good hour (at least) to myself, in the quiet, without interruptions, when I'm not too tired, etc. Of course, such an opportunity has not presented itself. If I want to get these posts done, I'm going to have to make them happen, even in less than perfect circumstances.

I thought Blair's post today was interesting. Her struggle is starting things and not completing them. My struggle is just starting in the first place. I guess every mom has her own unique issues that hamper her productivity. I think the fact that we can identify our obstacles has to be a step in the right direction. Right?

1 comment:

Blair said...

I was thinking about your blog post when I wrote that, because I'm just so different! I am balancing like 20 things right now and feel like I could crash at any moment. None are getting done either. Steven had to tell me today "one tab at a time" LOL!