Saturday, June 21, 2008

This is SO me!

Blair asked in a recent post, "What is SO you?" She posted some beautiful pieces of artwork that were SO her. Most of the things that came to my mind as being SO me were things that I imagine in my dream home. There are a few things, however, in our current home that qualify.

This little vase was a gift to me from my sister-in-law that she brought back from a trip to Europe. I love the colors. My house has some hue of this blue in every major room and I love this simple blue/white color combination. It also reminds me of the dark blue toile fabric of the curtains that hang in my living room.

Another thing that is SO me is Tiffany style lamps.

photo credit: Eric

Eric surprised me with this light fixture for Christmas a couple of years ago. I love the colors and the soft light it provides on quiet evenings when I curl up with a good book. Tiffany lamps also remind me of stained glass windows that I love. My dream home will have a stained glass window in it somewhere.

Thanks for such a great idea for a post, Blair!

So, what is SO you?

No comments: