Wednesday, August 13, 2008

First day of school

It's that time of year again. Jonathan's first day of first grade is tomorrow. His school is starting a good two weeks before any of the other schools in our area.


But, Jonathan is sooo ready. He met his teacher yesterday and found out that his best friend is in his class. He got a new backpack and loaded it up and his uniform is laid out and ready for the morning.


Of course, I'm not ready for him to go back yet.

But, it will be fun to walk him into his classroom tomorrow and snap a few pictures of him at his very own desk for the first time. It will be even more fun when I open up all my pictures in photoshop and they are full of this big smile.

Maybe then I won't miss him quite so much.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Wow, that's an early start. My kids's first days are at the end of August. I hope I'm as calm as you. I think I will take lots of pictures as well so I can gaze at those smiles. Have fun, Jonathan!

Jody said...

That is an early start! I hope everything has gone well today. Zoe doesn't start until Sept 2 so I still have a little while. It's a good thing too becasue we need to adjust our sleep schedule around here to be up and ready to go by 8:30am (Zoe has been sleeping until 8:30). It is going to be an adjustment for me too! I'm going to start next week. Ethan starts preschool on Sept 5 and will only go one day a week for 2 1/2 hours so that's not bad. It will Asher and I some quality one on one time together.

I have been meaning to comment so many times on different posts this past month but for some reason or another I haven't. I have been reading. (I tried commenting earlier this afternoon and my computer just shut down on me. I don't even rememeber seeing a warning). Anyway, I love the picture of Gustin on the 'What are you lookin' at' post. His face is so precious! I love the faces that little ones make! Asher has been making 'kissy lips' where he will pucker up his lips to give a kiss. It is SO cute! Unfortunetly I haven't been able to get a pictue of it yet... but when I do I'll share it.

Happy blogiversary too. I'm glad to have 'met' you!

Colleen said...

Thanks, Jody!