Thursday, August 21, 2008

My latest favorite movie

I know that I am not the most up to date on the entertainment world. Dan in Real Life came out in the theaters last year and on DVD last spring, but I just recently found this gem of a movie. It's funny, sweet, and wholesome with a quirky family and honest struggles.

I've rewatched this movie several times now (I'm the type who watches her favorite movies over and over again until every line is memorized). I absolutely love the interactions of the family. The grandparents are still parents to their children, even though their children are parents themselves. The grown siblings get along and encourage one another. Old fashioned values are the rules of the house. The young children teach their parents about love and life.

There's also a sweet love story about learning to love again after losing a spouse and some great humor is throughout the movie. You really don't want to miss the impromptu sing-a-long. I find myself singing "Ruthie 'Pigface' Draper" in my sleep.

So, as you can tell, I highly recommend this movie. It's perfect for a stay-at-home date night with your spouse.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I enjoyed this movie very much, I waited until it came onto starz so I could watch it without paying to rent it, I was pleasantly surprised to find it very good.