Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Mouth full of metal

Jonathan got a whole mouth full of metal today, his new appliances on both the upper and lower arches to fix his underbite and crowding issues. I was going to take a picture to post, but honestly, it's just not all that pretty.

The orthodontist said that his speech will be slightly slurred for about a week. We were to expect him having trouble with pronouncing the letter "s".

What has actually happened is that his speech is completely slurred. It sounds like he has a sock in his mouth when he talks. I can barely understand him. I hope it doesn't cause him too much trouble when he starts school on Thursday.

Jonathan is pretty nonchalant about it. He thinks it's all pretty cool. Besides, he's already reassured me, "Don't wuwwy Mommy, I can stiwl burp!"

1 comment:

Shannon said...

how nice to have such an easy-going little guy!
i remember how much the whole orthodontic stuff bothered me!